Office Hours for West Jordan Elementary are from 8:00 to 3:30. We would be happy to help you with your needs.
At West Jordan Elementary we empower students to reach their potential and become lifelong leaders and learners.
Preparing for School
Here is some important information for the beginning of school.
Student Registration Information:
To enter Family Access for Registration:
- Navigate to: www.jordandistrict.org. From the pull-down menu under Parents & Students, click on Family Access (Skyward).
- Under the heading“Web Browser Access” Click on Login to Family Access (Full site Functionality) or Family Mobile (Basic Site Functionality).
- After the Family Access page opens, enter your Login and Password in the appropriate boxes.
Note: If you are a continuing student in Jordan School District you can use the “Forgot your Login/Password?” on the login screen to have your login/password information emailed to you. (It may take a few minutes for you to receive the email.)
- Once logged into Family Access, you will need to choose which student you are registering in the student box. Each student needs to be registered separately. Choose the Registration for School link in the left pane to open the student registration screen.
- Please be sure to verify all of the current information for your child and make sure that there are emergency contacts listed in Skyward. School lunch payments may also be made at this time.
Your child's teacher will be posted on August 13th through Family Access.
August 6 – Online Student registration has begun
August 21 – Back to School Night 5:30 to 7 p.m., light dinner provided
August 22 – Classes Start – 2nd through 6th Grade
August 22 to August 29 - Kindergarten Assessments
August 23 – Classes Start for 1st grade
August 30 – Classes Start for Kindergarten
There are several web-based programs that your student used during the school year, that they can use to practice what learned. These include the following:
IXL - math at ixl.com
Typing.com - at typing.com
School Cell Phone Policy
Just a reminder of the school cell phone policy:
In accordance with District policy, students may have cell phones at school, but the cell phone must remained turned off during school hours, including recess time. District Policy AA419 states, "Possession of a cellular telephone by a student is a privilege that be forfeited by any student that uses his/her cell phone inappropriately. A student that possesses a cellular phone shall assume responsibility for its care. At no time shall the District be responsible for preventing theft, loss, or damage to cell phones brought onto school property. Cellular telephone use during classroom time, instructional activities and field trips is prohibited. Cellular telephones must remain off during these times. Exceptions to this policy may be granted by school administration on a case by case basis to accommodate family emergencies or medical necessity. Students violating these guidelines will be disciplined in accordance with District Policy AS67-Discipline of Students."
Want more information about the PTA? Check out our West Jordan Elementary Facebook Page