Office Hours for West Jordan Elementary are from 8:00 to 3:30. We would be happy to help you with your needs.
At West Jordan Elementary we empower students to reach their potential and become lifelong leaders and learners.
Student Registration needs to be completed for each student that attends West Jordan Elementary by October 22nd. If you haven't yet completed the online registration, please follow the steps below.
To enter Family Access for Registration:
- Navigate to: www.jordandistrict.org. From the pull-down menu under Parents & Students, click on Family Access (Skyward).
- Under the heading“Web Browser Access” Click on Login to Family Access (Full site Functionality) or Family Mobile (Basic Site Functionality).
- After the Family Access page opens, enter your Login and Password in the appropriate boxes.
- Once logged into Family Access, you will need to choose which student you are registering in the student box. Each student needs to be registered separately. Choose the Registration for School link in the left pane to open the student registration screen.
- Please be sure to verify all of the current information for your child and make sure that there are emergency contacts listed in Skyward.
- Google Chrome does not function well with Skyward please use a different browser.
- Please complete this registration by Friday, Oct. 22 or come to the school to fill out the paperwork instead.
World's Finest Chocolate Fundraiser
The World's Finest Chocolate Fundraiser is now finished. All money and/or chocolate needs to be turned into the office immediately. We would like to thank all those students and families that participated in selling the chocolate. These efforts make a big difference to our schools.
Once again it is time for the PTA Reflections contest. The theme this year is "Heros Around Me." Entry forms and official rules are in the West Jordan Elementary School office. All work needs to be submitted by October 15th. Submissions will be reviewed by experienced artists for interpretation of the, creativity and technique. Categories include: dance choreography, film production, literature, musical composition, photography, and the visual arts.
Join the PTA
Now is the time to join the PTA and make a difference for your student at our school. PTA dues are $5 per person. Envelopes and PTA information are located in the office. You can decide how much or how little you would like to participate.
School Cell Phone Policy
Just a reminder of the school cell phone policy:
In accordance with District policy, students may have cell phones at school, but the cell phone must remained turned off during school hours, including recess time. District Policy AA419 states, "Possession of a cellular telephone by a student is a privilege that be forfeited by any student that uses his/her cell phone inappropriately. A student that possesses a cellular phone shall assume responsibility for its care. At no time shall the District be responsible for preventing theft, loss, or damage to cell phones brought onto school property. Cellular telephone use during classroom time, instructional activities and field trips is prohibited. Cellular telephones must remain off during these times. Exceptions to this policy may be granted by school administration on a case by case basis to accommodate family emergencies or medical necessity. Students violating these guidelines will be disciplined in accordance with District Policy AS67-Discipline of Students."
Want more information about the PTA? Check out our West Jordan Elementary Facebook Page